Friday, April 4, 2008

Summer

Although it's only the first week of April, summer vacation's pretty much gonna be over soon for us Nursing students of Saint Louis University. It's really my first time to not have a 2 month summer break, plus my sched, (BSN 1 - 2's schedule) doesn't look too good since our NSTP's at 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm. Can you imagine how hot the sun must be during that time? *sigh*

Anyway, although I've only had barely 3 weeks of vacation, it's really helped a lot. I finally got some decent sleep since I haven't been getting that during normal school days. Also, I've managed to clear my head and think.

It's not like i didn't experience problems during the vacation, it's just that it's not the school related problems that usually wrack my brain and exhaust my body. These were more of emotional ones.

I'm not gonna go into the intimate details of what I've done in these past three weeks. But I will say that I've tried to connect myself to God even more. It has always been in Him that I have confided my deepest thoughts and intimacies. It may have never been necessary to verbalize them all since I am well aware of His omniscience but I find that I feel so much better when I have a conversation with Him. Much like how a patient would talk to his shrink. (No, I am not at all crazy.) It is through my private conversations with Him that I am able to understand and survive the insanities brought about by reality.

Truth be told however, I am still lost when it comes to the answers of many things that boggle my mind. And my spirit becomes ever so restless. but as said in Jeremiah 29:11-12, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to proper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you," I trust that God will always be there to guide me, for I believe that He will never leave my side.

1 comment:

Lucas Diemer said...

God always knows...it is so good to read some biblical considerations. I don't rememeber if I've ever read something like that from you. The Bible is my writing guide and God is my absolute example. We should talk about that some time. Great post!